1. <ol id="15o15"></ol><optgroup id="15o15"></optgroup>
        2. 英語資訊
          News

          迷你對話學英語口語 第1802期:搞錯了,誤入歧途

          Source: 恒星英語學習網    2019-08-05  我要投稿   論壇   Favorite  

          第一,迷你對話

          A: Have you worked out the answer to this problem?

          這道難題你做出來了嗎?

          B: Not yet. I just can't calculate the result.

          還沒有,我就是算不出結果。

          A: Let me see. Ah, you are off the beam . Look here.

          讓我看看,啊,你搞錯了,看看這里。

          B: Oh. I see.

          哦,我明白了。

          第二,地道表達

          be off the beam

          1. 解詞釋義

          Be off the beam的意思是“誤入歧途”“走歪門邪道”。其英文解釋為:mistaken, inaccurate, or incorrect; going against or straying away from the correct line of thing。

          2. 拓展范例

          E.g. The police are off beam in their search for the criminal.

          警察搜尋罪犯時方向錯了。

          E.g. Never heard of her . You 're off the beam .

          我從來沒有聽說過這個人,你搞錯了吧。

          E.g. I realized what I said at the meeting was off the beam

          我認識到我在會上所講的話是錯誤的。

          E.g. Jim was off the beam when he said that the girls didn't like him.

          Jim說那些女孩都不喜歡他,他是錯了。

          E.g. The CEO's off-the—beam plans ended up costing the company nearly half a billion dollars in lost revenue.

          這位首席執行官偏離正道的計劃最終使公司損失了近5億美元的收入。

          第三,視野拓展

          work out:算出

          E.g. When asked what a £40.35 meal for five people would cost each diner, they were unable to work it out.

          問到5個人吃一頓飯花了40.35英鎊,每人要出多少錢時,他們算不出來。


          將本頁收藏到:
          上一篇:迷你對話學英語口語 第1801期:墜入愛河
          下一篇:返回列表

          最新更新
          論壇精彩內容
          網站地圖 - 學習交流 - 恒星英語論壇 - 關于我們 - 廣告服務 - 幫助中心 - 聯系我們
          Copyright ©2006-2007 www.www.z9296.com All Rights Reserved
          华夏视讯网